How To Prepare
Preparation is a valuable part of the journey!
If you are registered, you can dive into preparing right away. An Ancient Paths Study Tour has been described as drinking from a firehose of information and experience. Previous participants have expressed that you get as much out of your study tour as you put into it. Here are some suggestions for preparing:
Begin a workout regime that includes stair training and hiking
Train by wearing your shoes, clothing and backpack designated for the trip so you can begin to break everything in and get used to the extra weight
Keep in mind that the more you build up your stamina, break in your shoes, and test your limits, the more confident and prepared you'll be to tackle each day
- Start studying from the mandatory reading list
- Check out the packing list so you can purchase and collect the necessary items
- Memorize the Bible verses assigned to you (these are given well before the tour)
- If possible, get in touch with other nearby participants and find a time to go for a hike together or just grab coffee
- Add orientation meetings and team hikes to your calendar so you can prioritize building community
- Don't hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have!